This page lists tried and tested methods of how to get champions involved in Open Education efforts.
- Target the best person to help achieve the goal, be it for policy development, the implementation of new mandates, or new infrastructure.
- Identify the pro-Open Education champions who mobilise their peers and point out the benefits of OE in campus discussions.
- Involve natural allies, such as an academic who is already involved with OE / writes about OE.
- Leverage OE developments and discussion amongst key academics to take opportunities to engage them in supporting your own Open Education advocacy work.
- to explore collaboration in one-to-one conversations,
- to scholarly communication meetings or more OE events,
- to become part of a specific project,
- to participate in email discussion groups.